Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lift Up Your Hands!

Sunday night, Courtney, Brandon, Thad, myself and others traveled up to Passion City Church. The worship gathering was great as usual, but I noticed something during the last few songs. Louie had asked us to stand in reverence of God and for us to feel free to lift our hands to Him. So that's exactly what I did. After about a minute, my shoulder started to tighten up and ache. I thought to myself, "I am not putting my hands down, I love God too much to whine about my freakin arms hurting." After a couple songs I finally dropped my arms and the music picked up. I thought again to myself, "man, I must not lift my hands to God enough."


Christians in general lift their hands every now and then (some more than others) but usually it's only during the music portion of our worship gatherings... interesting... Maybe we should be lifting our hands to Jesus more often huh? Maybe my arms wouldn't hurt so much if it was a regular occurrence. Just a thought from a broken, sinful, human being that is unworthy of life, but Christ loves me still- so much that He bled and died for me! THANK YOU JESUS!

No comments: