Thursday, April 23, 2009

Looking for a Savior

Last night Courtney and I went to see probably my favorite band in the world, Dredg. I will say up front that they did not disappoint. These dudes are so freakin talented







This song is one of their new ones that will be released with their new record this summer. I didn't pay as much attention in the past as I did last night to their lyrics. It is quite apparent that Gavin (singer) is searching for something. I would say he is Agnostic, but I have not actually asked him.

Some pics from last night: The Masquerade
Now, here is what has me baffled. During the show, there were people raising their hands, closing their eyes, and shouting out to the guys, "I love you!" Here is a question for us Christians out there... When was the last time you shouted at the top of your lungs, "I love you, Jesus!" Or when is the last time you closed your eyes and lifted your hands to Him? We will so readily do it at shows, but what about in our worship gatherings? Just something to think about. We were created to worship something... but what are you choosing to project that worship towards?

No comments: